Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't call it a comeback...

At the moment I am typing this, it is 90 degrees, my allergies are terrible making the whites of my eyes bright red and dry forcing me to wear my glasses. Since I am too lazy to do laundry, I am wearing a purple sports-bra under one of my husband's white t-shirts and a skirt that I am not sure didn't come out of the dirty clothes basket. Both my washer and dryer are empty while my floor is littered with laundry.

We went on our 28th trip to the beach this morning and stuck it out until we got pelted with sand from the strong wind. When we got home, The General took a 45 minute shower and refused to put on clothes for 4 hours. I have no idea when the last time my son has bathed other than in the waters of East Bay or Lake Lansing. Not to worry, he has started wearing deodorant. Anyone who spends at least 2 hours pogo-sticking a day should be in touch with their personal hygiene. I've warned him that if for nothing other than common courtesy, he will be required to shower the night before his first day of school and wear deodorant.

Currently, I am sitting in the only clean room of our house watching the depressing news about sex offenders, no jobs, grizzly bears and great white sharks while my laptop burns my very fleshy thighs. I am keeping up on Facebook with what everyone is up to. BTW John Kim, I really need to know what was in the Tiffany bag that you Tweeted the photo of earlier today. I have also been living my life vicariously through 2011 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP winner Keegan Bradley via Twitter. Did you know that Tom Brady called him to give his congrats and he threw out the first pitch at the Red Sox game this week?

When the kids go back to school, I'll be looking for a life...and matching socks on gym day.

Peace. B.M.











No comments: