Monday, January 17, 2011

Sporty or Not!

I suck at sports...I mean seriously, I do. I go to pilates ever Tuesday. It's fun, but I have to be reminded 25 times how to do an exercise with the reformer and I am only doing 10 reps...those aren't good odds. I ran a 5K in 30+ minutes and I thought that was stellar. I was the last pick 7th grade basketball team and then quit because I couldn't pay attention to the pick-n-roll drill and got yelled at. I am not sporty.


The golfer...he is good at sports...err...golf. He was a high school baseball & basketball star...but now, he's just good at golf...he doesn't talk about or try to re-live his glory days but he does practice his golf grip while he is driving, his swing in the bathroom mirror and his putting stroke in the living room.


Da'Suser...her sport is manipulating adults into giving her exactly what she wants, when she wants it...and she definitely excels at that. The golfer thinks she might be good at team sports...I say it's obvious that she got my thighs and love of chocolate, let's hope she got his coordination.


Jeepers...he says his sport is skiing. He loves it. I mean he absolutely, positively loves it. He is confident and careful and as the people running the whole show say he is "low maintenance." Not to mention, his best friend's dad is the coach...what's not to love? The golfer videotaped him this weekend so we could share with family far away and after watching it he said "I really need to learn how to stop making those terrible pizzas and I can't wait until I can do one of those big kid stops and spray the coach." We are proud. Check it out HERE with a few enhancements.


The end.

No comments: