I am pretty sure the reason that I wasn't a good student is because I am too easily distracted. I mean, the minute I walked into 10th grade English and Brad Schultz was sitting there, I knew for sure that I was never going to get an A in the class. His beauty was blinding. He was the quarterback on the football team and he wore the #4, which was my birthday so we were meant to be right? Ha.Well...he turned out to be a jerk (SHOCKER) even though he did buy me a goldfish for my 16th birthday. I did hook up with his best friend and we "went together" throughout high school and well into our college career...or should I say my college career . By career, I am not talking a Ph.D or even a Masters degree, just a Bachelors Degree in Behavioral Science that took me 5 YEARS to get.
My distraction in college was everything. I could come and go, skip class, go out of town, drink beer (of course I had friends who could buy for me) and meet boys whenever I wanted. I was too distracted to even go to class. My loser high school boyfriends' college career was shorter not because he was smarter, but because he got kicked out of the dorms for getting caught dealing/smoking/growing marijuana. I often wonder what ever became of him but am forever grateful that I saw the light and held out for someone who was older, wiser and (might I add) a MUCH better golfer. After A LOT of bad dates and a few broken hearts, Golfdad and I met while working together.
Would it surprise anyone to learn that he drove a VW Passat full of Diet Coke cans and all of his earthly possessions? He had an American Express card, golf clubs, 500 golf shirts a couple pairs of pants and approximately 365 pairs each of socks and underwear. Oh...and a small cell phone which was pretty fashionable in 1997. What a catch, eh?
We never got in a big fight, we never broke up and even though a lot of golf courses kept us far apart we always knew we would be together.
Life has changed a little since our days of working together. We ditched the American Express and Golfdad has lost at least 1/2 of his socks and underwear. We do still have a Passat thought. It has less miles and it is an automatic but it still contains our earthly possessions -- Diet Coke cans, our baby boy, our dog and keys to our house.
HAPPY 7TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY GOLFDAD.
XOXOXO - Big Momma
3 comments:
happy anniversary you two! very sweet, laurie.
Happy Anniversary you two! What a cute blog Laurie!!
Happy Anniverary! And a belated happy birthday to JP! Love from the cousins!
Post a Comment