When I was about 10 (maybe 11 or 12) I had a t-shirt that read "What did you do this summer?" on the back. I remember picking it out Sagebrush the Levi's store that opened in the Meijer parking lot during the mid-80's. I cannot remember the brand name of the shirt, but I assure you that it was totally cool and went awesomely with my acid wash jean shorts, side pony and Reebok high tops. GAG ME WITH A SPOON.
In all seriousness, I recall loving this shirt SOOO much and wearing it all of the time. As I was thinking of a way to make up for lost time on this here neglected blog-o-mine I had a hard time getting the visual of this t-shirt out of my mind. Someday, when I am at my mom & dad's, I'll flip through their photo albums and scan it. For now, you'll have to take my word for it. Really, why would I lie about a t-shirt I bought in a shop in the Meijer parking lot?
Anyway...in keeping with the them here are 30 things we did this summer. These are not in any particular order, because people too much order gives me anxiety..
1) went to the beach 28 days
2) hosted over 25 different overnight guests
3) spent 4 days in one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever been in with my mother-in-law, aunt-in-law and a pink box of wine that propped up a window
4) met Mrs.Kohler, as in Mrs.Kohler faucet - toilet - sink
5) de-loused my house, as in LICE
6) took a ferry all of the way across Lake Michigan
7) went under in the bay when the water was 60 degrees
8) parasailed on East Bay
9) bought a $300 bike for a 6 year old
10) spent 3 days with my BFF and her children at her lake house
11) hosted a 50+ year old first time marathoner for the Bayshore Marathon
12) was invited to witness my beloved be inducted into the U.P. Sports Hall of Fame
13) had a close encounter with Tiger Woods (not the kind you are thinking you dirty bastard)
14) celebrated 10 years of marriage
15) taught my 6 year old how to tie his shoes
16) cheered wildly for a baby girl who POOPED on the potty
17) nearly ran into Phil Mickelson while driving and $88,000 Mercedes
18) fell in love with The Pioneer Woman, her story and her recipes
19) jet skied on Torch Lake
20) felt the rumble of the Blue Angels from a dock on West Bay
21) sailed in Duck Lake with my precious baby
22) stood and cheered as my son jumped in 400 foot deep East Bay NAKED off of a boat
23) played golf with my family as a foursome
24) picked raspberries
25) picked blueberries
26) watched fireworks, 3 times
27) vacuumed sand out of my car
28) drove 4 kids to Lansing in a car with no air conditioning and bad breaks
29) made new friends
30) soaked up the sumer
31) cried everyday that got closer to fall.
The End.
xo -- B.M.
No comments:
Post a Comment