Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lottie Dottie We Like to Potty

Before viewing the documentation below, please review the following facts:
  • my children were both born early and needed some time in the NICU (7 & 9 days) to master the combined art of "breath, suck & swallow" --- I have heard that there are some newborns who sleep through the night from birth, feed themselves and poop on cue --- not mine
  • Jeepers can't read on his own yet, or he pretends not to able to because he enjoys his evening story services too much -- I have some friends with children that have been reading encyclopedias for fun since age 3 --- no comment on their comprehension
  • Da'Suser couldn't walk until she was 16 months old and that's only because we tied her to a treadmill and told her to pick up the pace --- my father claims that he walked at 9 months and look at what a sporty guy he became (sorry dad) and no further comment
But hey you people who birthed an overachiever who fits in a category above...
DA'SUSER IS POTTY TRAINED...so TAKE THAT.

YEP, THAT'S RIGHT and because I am superstitious, I am convinced that now that I have shared this info on the world wide web, her crib is going to require a complete overhaul after her nap today. I'm also just crazy enough to think that karma might get me at least twice and immediately after I take care of the messy crib, she is going to take a big dump in her pants while she is outside playing.

I'll admit it, one of my weaknesses (other than an overactive gag reflex and hands to the ears when someone compares their genius to my average kindergartner) is that I am a complete skeptic. I am someone who thinks that a lot of truly great things are just too good to be true.

I'm trying to keep the faith with this potty thing because what I am looking forward to more than using up my last diaper at 11:00 P.M. when the golfer isn't home and both of my kids are sleeping, is the opportunity to use every public restroom in the greater Grand Traverse County area (see exhibit A below) and critique the hand soap color, fragrance and type. I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Oh, and in the words of one of my favorite songs from the 80's..."She wants to lead, a glamorous life without love it ain't much". Thank you Sheila E...other than the mention of not needing the "man's touch" your song speaks to me everyday.

Exhibit A - East Bay Library

xo --- B.M.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, way to go Da'Suser! BM, you know they don't make pants that fit potty trained 2-year-olds. I should know because my little "over achiever" was potty trained on his 2nd birthday. Now the other one, he's another story.