Friday, August 21, 2009

On becoming something I'm not...

Okay, so we all knew that Golfdad was pretty good at what he does...I mean golf wise. He's a picky eater and kind of a slob but as far as being a dad and a golfer and a husband (when he is home) he's good. But did you have any idea how good? Like top 10 club pro in the United States good? Like playing on a team with the other 9 of the best 10 in a tournament exactly like the Ryder Cup...in Scotland...for a week...on an all expense first class trip and I GET TO GO good?

Well he is...and since he is never, ever, ever going to tell you...I am going to.

We are excited, we are pumped, we are going to be a real pair in the airport in Amsterdam looking for a legalized "smoke shop"...I mean a bathroom and our next gate to Glasgow after we get off of a long flight (we don't smoke weed, that was so college -- sorry mom). I think we can handle it though. What might be a little bit hard to handle though...are the outfits...because for 1 week straight we will doused in red, white and blue. I am not just talking a cute navy blue sweater that I can put on with my curvy/bootcut fashionable khakis from the GAP with my favorite shoes...I am talking saddle shoes, silk scarves, matching Gore Tex rainsuit, sweaters with shells and lots and lots of logos...I am talking NAVY BLUE PANTS. In fact I received a list of items that both Golfdad & I will be "receiving" in the mail and there is not one mention of favorite black stretchy capris, TEVA mush flipflops...or my favorite jeans.

So...for 1 week...I will be making the transformation to an all American golf wife...minus the 5 carat diamond, Louis Vuitton purse...I'll be sure to post photos.

xo --- b.m.

No comments: