Friday, March 7, 2008

In search of a "line stick!"

A “line stick” you say? What is that? What? You don’t know what I am talking about? Well neither do I. I just now that a “line stick” is what Jeepers Creepers asked for this morning the minute he got out of bed. My best guess was the stick that you use to divide orders at the grocery store because he put those up for everyone to use the other day at Sam’s Club. My best guess was wrong.

What is a “line stick” you ask? It’s Harry Potter’s wand…or Hey-we Potta as Jeepers would say. He’s been watching bits and pieces of the movie that we recorded over last weekend…I really wanted to read him the books first but we are still stuck on the Mercer Mayer (we have like 30 thanks to our U.P. cousins). I wouldn’t DARE stop reading “Shopping with Mom” before bed because now that Jeepers can recite the stories we have been reading for at least 6 weeks in that dark snuggly room with our jammies on, contacts out and one eye open…there really is no need to shake that up.

So…we sit and we hope that maybe, just maybe little Peter Cottontail will deliver our jellybeans, Cadbury Cream Eggs, and Peeps along with a “line stick” on Easter morning. I also hope that he brings some baby name inspiration because shucksdarnitchrist, miss wamona and now Hermione (you know Harry's friend from Hogwarts) aren't exactly what we had in mind.

No comments: