Wednesday, November 28, 2007

have a drink (or 6) for me...

Ok...so I can hold it in no longer.

Don't worry I will spare you the rest of the details of how this all happened -- it did involve chardonnay and I think it was even out of a wine glass (as much as I talk about red SOLO cups I bet you didn't know that I actually have crystal wine glasses and not just any crystal but Waterford crystal.)

Ok, so they will only get used for an occassional diet caffeine free Sprite or 7-Up or my latest and greatest ice water with a huge slice of lemon because... WE ARE HAVING A BABY. Ok, so I will be the one having the baby, which is a good thing because old Golfdad thinks that having a cold for 3 weeks is terrible -- IMAGINE BEING CUT OFF FROM CHARDONNAY AND DIET COKE FOR 40!!!!!

As you can imagine, we are not having just any baby but a little poppy seed sized baby that is making my head hurt, my body crave only McDonald's hamburgers (sorry Johanna I know this will make you sick), my pants tight and my boobs bigger. The problem being, that they are already the size of another human so I might try to register them both to vote that way I won't have to pick just one presidential candiate in the January primarys. Lucky me.

Anyway, I can now ROUND to 8 weeks -- which means I am barely pregnant, pregnant enough to share and pregnant enough that if anything happened everyone is going to find out about it -- after all I AM NOT very good at keeping my mouth shut.

Just to make it easy, I thought I would share with you answers to all of the "typical" questions that pregnant women are asked:

1) NO, we are not finding out what we are having and we don't care if it is a boy or girl
2) NO, we don't like any names -- Oh, sorry Scott said if it is a boy we are naming him Huck
3) J.P. wants a sister name Emily and has been trying to look down my throat to see the baby in my belly -- we should just have rolls with poppy seeds and maybe I can lodge one in the back of my throat and trick him
4) YES...I will have a "natural" childbirth -- well, ok, nothing natural about it, provided that my water breaks and I have no "action" and am forced to take Pitocin I will take everything they will give me -- including an epidural. If this darling child should require an extended stay in the NICU (Jeepers was there for 7 days) I will also require some sort of anti-anxiety since I had to kick my habit to get pregnant this time.
5) Isn't it during golf season???????? YES...YES IT IS...AND I WILL BE HOME A LOT BY MYSELF SO FEEL FREE TO SIGN UP TO TAKE J.P. FOR WEEKS OR MONTHS AT A TIME.

4 comments:

Carter Frais said...

Congrats;) We love you and are so excited for you!
The Frais Family.

Tessa and Harrison said...

congrats!!!!!!!

You are going to be so cute all pregnant!! dont worry by summer you can have a glass of wine a little will not hurt. Congrats again!!
love the nico's

Krista said...

CONGRATS!!
The Nieto clan

The Collard Family! said...

Congrats!! How very exciting!!