Saturday, October 30, 2010

Observations of a mom with too much time on her hands...

As I was sitting on the front porch watching Jeepers and B.F.A.M. (Brother From Another Mother) who when given a book of matches, a pint of vodka, their helmets and their scooters have no problem entertaining themselves ALL DAY, I was overcome by the coordination demonstrated by both children.

I think it is absolutely amazing that a creature that I grew in my womb for 34.5 weeks somehow did not inherit the "your mom could never do a cartwheel or climb the f-ing rope in gym class so we're gonna totally hose you with this genetic trait too" gene.

I'm pretty sure he worked out some sort of deal in-utero with my willpower and it went something like this...

Willpower will give you your fathers coordination gene. Please note that being coordinated, does not guarantee that you will be super fast or aggressive so football and hockey might not be your thing.

In exchange, your mother will give birth in 4 years to an ill behaved daughter who will forever be your little sister. Additionally, your mother will also be unable to stop eating the Twix she bought for Halloween and will clog her arteries and die of a heart attack at age 35.

I really, really hope that wasn't the deal but at this juncture, it seems likely.

XO -- CEO Offspring Development







2 comments:

eastbaygal said...

Ha you're hilarious! Doing a blog is right up your alley! And it's a great outlet!

eastbaygal said...

Ha ha awesome!