Thursday, January 7, 2010

5/365 January 5, 2009 - Walmart - Walfart

I know, I know there are a lot of nay-sayers who refuse to shop at Walmart because of their unfair employee practices. I also happen to know a few of these nay-sayers HATE Walmart but shop regularly at Sam's Club. Hmmm.

The purpose of my post is not to debate WHY it is that I should at all costs refrain from shopping there, but to admit that indeed I do. I would also like you to know that in 2009 I spent at least $400 at our local shoe store, the golfer hits our two local grocery stores at least twice a week on the way home from work. I give to local charity, ski at our local ski hill, buy $60 cotton Traverse City sweatshirts from local vendors, eat at the Taco House on a regular basis and visit Oleson's on Hammond Road enough to know when the check-out guy who has the terrible mullet gets his hair trimmed. I bought my holiday meat at Burritt's, our bikes from Brick Wheels...shall I continue? Believe me, if anybody does their fair share of keeping our local economy going, it's me...it's all in moderation, nay-sayers.

The thing about Walmart is though, where else can you find 50 oz. of ALL Free & Clear H.E. for $5.00 and get a FREE confidence builder that gives your self esteem a bump comparable only to a pricey visit to a Psychologist after just a 15 minute visit AND your bargain purchase(s).

And really....



Where else can you do some "Royal watching" at the same time...say....like maybe have the chance to prove once and for all that Lady Di is alive and living in northern Michigan, shopping at Walmart and driving a Kia?



Man, you're missing out.

XO --- B.M.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: