So let the records show, that my first call home from Holy Angels Elementary was indeed not that my child had used the Lord's name in vain, or refused to pray before he drank his water and ate his graham crackers. Oh no, it was because the "always the nominee never the winner" forgot school picture day.
No drastic measures were taken. They didn't refuse to give him a "collectible" plastic comb, the creepy photo guy still positioned his chin and surely commented on his nice outfit (that's a lie see t-shirt below) and his mugshot will still be in the class composite so the girls he dates in 11th grade can bust out mom's photo albums at the sleepover and see that he HASN'T CHANGED A BIT, but I still forgot.
So for the next 100 years, every year I look at the photo which will eventually hang next to the photos we label things like...remember when I had the biggest zit or worst hair or why in the hell did I make you wear that ugly sweater photo...this one will be the year I forgot. Lucky for me, it turned out perfect.

xo --- B.M.

1 comment:
love the shirt! cute as always. looks just like JP!
Post a Comment