One of the reasons I was so excited about Jeepers school this year is because rain, sleet, wind or snow (and there will be all sometimes during the same day is because this year) I absolutely positively do not have have to get out of the car.
As a result, there are no snotty moms post work-out comparing cleaning lady complaints, no fake small talk about spring break trips or who was going skiing after school, no being responsible for getting boots, hats and coats on, and most attractive...no taking freezing sweet baby girls out of their seats in the subartic weather...and as a result, no germy siblings to touch, sneeze and snarl at her while we are waiting.
But what I have learned is the grass is always greener...because the car line has it's entirely own culture...as I wrap up my week 2, I have some observations I would like to share regarding the drop off...
10. I disagree with about 100% of the bumper stickers on the bumpers of the parents who drop their kids off at the Catholic school
9. I have waited for someone to breast feed their child WHILE STANDING OUTSIDE OF THEIR CAR which is sititng idle in front of me
8. High school football players are little twirps and if ever thought I they were hunka-hunka I was very sorely mistaken because the boys that come out of the locker room on the way to practice while I am in line have bad acne and are short...ALL OF THEM
7.Our 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport is way cooler than a late model, rusty minivan will ever be
6. I have been 15 minutes early and still be 5th in line
5. I have yet to see a dad at pick-up
4. All 5 year old boys wear ugly t-shirts and jeans to school, not just mine
3. Baby girls scream louder when the car is idle than when it is in motion
2.My butt really isn't that big -- because I have seen much worse park and walk to pick their kids up from the playground
1.No matter how much fun Jeepers has at school, he is always excited to see his Momma
*Cheers* to surviving my first 2 weeks as a mother of a Pre-K'er...and *double Cheers* to Jeeeprs for not saying "Jesus Christ" to his teacher...Yet.
xo ---
B.M.
No comments:
Post a Comment