Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On taking a break...

Dear Suse & Jeepers,

I am not sure you could be any cuter and so far I have been tremendously enjoying the time we have spent together since the weather "broke" or broke out into a sweat. Okay, well I could do without poopy diapers, poop in general (that doesn't belong to me) and the midnight snacks but other than that...things have been pretty good. Summer is my favorite season, and my baby beach boot camp seems to have worked marvelously because even Suse calls the beach "da-da" and that's what she calls everything she loves...even me. You both love sand, sandwiches and sandcastles. Together we have racked up a total of 6 glorious beach days.

I wanted to let you know, that as much as I love you, I am going on a hiatus. Don't worry, you will be well cared for. Together your 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 4 cousins and Poppy & Gramma Apple will be caring for you. Me? Where I am going? To detox? To the weigh loss spa to crack the last 15 pounds? To the McDonald's french fry cooking institute? Wrong-o I am going to the home of the Rio Grande...southwestern sizzler...Albquerque. I am going ALONE with your dad...and his caddie and his mom and aunt. I am going because I want to carry a small purse and not pull out $20 bills with milk spilled all over them. I am going because I want to sleep in a hotel room with dark drapes that I can close and not see the sun until my body decides it is time. I am going because I want to eat out and not have to get a to-go box for my food or take a scenic walk in the parking lot while everyone else feasts. I am going to cheer on your dad because I love walking the course in 100 heat....I am NOT a fair weather fan. I am going, but I am going to miss you.

While I am gone, please learn how to go to sleep no later than 8 P.M. even if it is still out and do not wake up until 10 A.M.. Please start eating your vegetables and learn how to read the digital watch that you wear 24-7. Please learn how to say MA-MA instead of DA-DA. Please make me proud and be the sweet, cute little creatures I know you can be. Oh, and please don't let Gramma Apple, Poppy Bill and Ant Jenna rearrange our whole house before we get back.



xo --- B.M.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: