What did you do yesterday morning? Because yesterday morning me and a few thousand of my closest friends including Rebekker, Curly Momma, Butta, Babs, my seester, my nephew Woo and Uncle Bri ran a 10K...that's 10 kilometers or 6.1 miles.
Amazingly enough, I didn't do it because there was the world's biggest TJMaxx at the end...or an all-u-can eat McDonald's french fry buffet but because I set a goal, recruited some friends and trained...running the most miles (5) last Sunday before the race. In fact, if my calculations are correct in the last 7 days I have run TWENTY MILES.
Okay, so "run" may suggest that I sprinted and that is not so...but I DID NOT walk...and finished my 6.2 miles in 1:07 16 just about 8 minutes SLOWERRRRRRRRRR than my 8 year old nephew. I guess that counts as getting my 35 minutes of cardiovascular activity in.
And to think that last year at this time...I was 50 pounds heavier, pregnant and I would wait for the closest parking spot at every store.
Here are the results...
http://www.bayshoremarathon.org/200910KResults.htm
Here are some photos from the paper....
http://photos.record-eagle.com/gallery/8259698_32jE9
What a beautiful morning...what an unbelieveable feeling.
xo --- B.M.
1 comment:
http://www.bayshoremarathon.org/200910KResults.htm
Hey. Your link is from 2008. If you want to see your name check out the link above.
Post a Comment