I am the mom who always has stacks of stuff on the kitchen counter.
I am the mom who has the best snacks and always bring enough to share.
I am the mom who is proud of my kids just for being good kids, not exceptional geniuses.
I am the mom who folds the laundry and never puts it away.
I am the mom who thinks sometimes kids look cuter after 1 glass of wine.
I am the mom who has hosted a pancake breakfast for a house full of kids.
I am the mom who always lets the neighborhood kids play inside.
I am the mom who sometimes lets my son skip school just so we can hang out together.
I am the mom who will gladly set aside housework for a game of Memory or another story.
I am the mom who lets my son's BFF spend the night even if they both end up sleeping on my bedroom floor.
I am the mom who lets my baby crawl around in her diaper and doesn't fuss about her hair.
I am the mom who listens to music too loud in the car.
I am the mom who always buys a gift even if the invite says not to.
I am the mom that gets a babysitter just to go on a date with 1 kid.
I am the mom who smiles and nods when someone tells me how smart their kid is and the worries that my kid isn't.
I am the mom who takes lots of photos and always shares them.
I am the mom who quite often has more than my own kids in the car.
I am the mom who usually knows the gossip first.
I am the mom who goes under and gets wet hair when we go to the pool or beach.
I am the mom who thinks that their kid will be just fine riding the neighborhood bus to public school.
I am a mom who isn't afraid to admit that sometimes my kid is the problem.
I am a mom who isn't afraid to let someone know that sometimes, my kid is not the problem.
I am a mom who does her best....even though sometimes, it seems like there is room for improvement.
I am a mom.
xo -- B.M.
1 comment:
You are my kind of MOM! Miss you friend!
-K
Post a Comment