Saturday, January 17, 2009

The sunshine state...

In just 5 days, my friend Rebekker (this is a code name, I don't really have a friend with a queer name like that) and I will be heading to the sunshine state. Not to rub it in, but according to The Weather Channel...INDEED THERE WILL BE SUNSHINE.

And really, not to rub it in again but Rebekker's MIL & FIL who we are staying with have already taken our drink order AND they have a list of bands playing at the local watering holes that we can TAKE THE BOAT TO. I have also been told that I will not have to share a bed with a dog, snoring male who sets his alarm and then gets in the shower before it goes off, or a 4 year old who has a future in acrobatics.

I know, I know, I have heard it all. It all seems excessive, our moms never did that, how selfish, what about my kids.

But for a mom will be spending 8 DAYS HOME BY MYSELF WITH MY CHILDREN beginning on the day I return from speaking only of celebrity gossip and if my drink needs a refill, it's really not.

So...happy gray Saturday to you!

xo -- B.M.

1 comment:

Carter Frais said...

Lucky you, enjoy your trip ;)