Sunday, January 18, 2009

The good, the bad and the ugly...

Good = Today, I got my a$$ off the couch and tried what was supposed to be something healthy and fun. Me...Mrs. LJH, Queen of the beach...I made an effort to embrace winter and experience some "fitness fun" with my "fitness friends."

Bad = They were prepared to skate-ski a 10K, but since I actually showed up to join them they had to put on their classic cross-country skis and workout twice. Once on a lollygag around the 5K Vasa Loop, and then once doing whatever it is they usually do...run 26.2 miles uphill on skis or something.

Ugly= The 5K was really 6K because it takes 1K to get to the start, I fell twice and wasn't able to adjust my form based on the verbal guidance...because I am uncoordinated and grossly out of shape. Not to mention that when we finally got done, I was the only one who had soaking wet hair and was definitely not hydrated enough to run my marathon. Thank God.

And so for the rest of this afternoon, I have had flashbacks of gym class, kickball on recess and only being picked for a team because I was the captains best friend...and tomorrow I am just going to have really sore legs.

xo --- B.M.

No comments: