Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A few things I learned in 2008...

1. That I really did have enough love to give a second baby
2. Modern medicine is a miracle
3. 4 year old boys have dirty toenails 365 days a year
4. Golfdad is a good golfer
5. Different is not wrong
6. SPEAK UP...you are your own best advocate
7. How GREAT it feels to live debt free
8. I was not born with the "clean gene"
9. That changing a girls diaper is way more "detailed" than changing a boys
10.The words to every "Critter" book we own
11. I am addicted to the internet
12. Golfdad is truly the most patient person on earth
13. Our house is small
14. Baby girls are high maintenance
15. You really can just live on peanut butter and Crystal Light
16. You can take a 3 week old to the beach
17. We have very generous friends and family
18. Some people think that their kids are exceptional, I think mine is 4
19. The Blue Angels are magnificent, and best seen while floating on a raft in Lake Michigan
20. You can't trick a little boy out of having a "friends" birthday party
21. Being pregnant sucks
22. Vodka gives you a better buzz and less of a headache
23. As bad as I want to be a nurse, I completely suck at science
24. Never buy anything at Old Navy or the GAP at full price (that could be a lie, I've known that since birth)
25. I love to share every detail of a great bargain
26. ETSY.com
27. It is better not to promise at all then to over promise and under deliver
28. Pregnant women can have fun at Disney World
29. If you stay at a Disney Resort, you get your own special park entrance
30. It snows a lot in Traverse City
31. The $300 or less section is the best in the Record Eagle
32. I look BAD on T.V.
33. That you can't make everyone happy all of the time
34. Cooking isn't scary
35. It is possible to own a watch that is worth more than the value of both of your cars
36. THANK GOD for health insurance
37. Nothing smells better than a sleeping boy wearing sunscreen after a day at the beach
38. Our dog is obnoxious
39. How to use my digital SLR camera
40. Enjoy each day, hour, minute you have on earth because they are all precious...even the ones you think are not.

Happy, Happy, Happy NEW YEAR!!!!

xo --- b.m.

2 comments:

Carter Frais said...

I love your list!

ksoet said...

I love your list too & I am laughing that everyone realizes their dog is an ass after a second baby! Seriously, come back to GR even if it is just for a night of drunken fun!

Happy New Year!