Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yours Truly

Last year, our local newspaper held a contest on who could write the best "faux" Christmas card letter. The letter that won stunk so I have been thinking all year about what I would write. Today, I received an old forwarded email about a mother's holiday wish list that I received last year that someone whipped out of their "deleted items" folder and started recirculating. Inspired by all of the nonsense...I am writing my Christmas card letter, however I already sent out my cards so my blog will have to do.

Dear Family & Friends,

What a wonderful year. Our sweet little Susie was born 5 weeks early. The perfect 36-24-36 body that I had before she was conceived is back to normal and my breasts are as perky as ever. I have not a stretch mark and am back into my size 2, $198 Rock & Republic jeans. Susie has taken 2, 3 hour naps a day and has slept through the night since the first night we had her home. She loves baby food and is at fifth percentile which is great because that means that she is right on track to be a skinny perfect super model her entire life.

J.P. is a genius. He has figured out how to crawl right under my skin and then wiggle around until my brain just can't stand it and I bribe him out with a new toy. We love to buy him as much as possible because he is always so grateful for everything and we have such a huge house there is no problem storing it. He loves going to preschool and jumps in bed every night at 8 P.M. and wakes up promptly at 8 A.M.. He just loves taking of his fuzzy jammies and getting dressed for school. In fact, he often asks us on Saturday & Sunday mornings if we can just drive him to the parking lot to peer inside so as not to disrupt his schedule. He is very advanced. He recently finished the final chapter of the first novel he is writing titled "My Life as a Big Brother"and it highlights how much he loves having his sister around and how he enjoys us planning everything we do around her schedule. For Christmas, all he would like is a pile of batteries because everything he likes lights up big and makes noises perfect for waking up his sister.

In case you haven't heard, or your neighbor hasn't told you Scott won a golf tournament this year. Much more than the congratulations, we have really appreciated all of the people who have given us free tax advice. Without your help we would have no earthly idea that we actually owed money on that money!!!!

We are looking very forward to Christmas. I personally am most excited about J.P.'s behavior when he receives a gift he doesn't like or he already has. But, I am sure Scott & I will be most proud of him after a few days of staying up until midnight, eating cookies and partying with his cousins.

As for 2009...I am not sure what we are most excited about...the snow ending in May, April 15th or our 4.5 hour airplane ride with our children to Mexico in February.

Merry, Merry, Merry,

xo --- B.M.

2 comments:

ksoet said...

I just love you! Plain & simple - It must be because we are both so perfectly raising the best kids ever!

Carter Frais said...

Best Christmas letter ever! Kudos!