My Grandpa Knapp could not walk in front of our microwave because of some myth that it would cause a pacemaker malfunction. My Grandma Westby used her microwave to make a Sunday pot roast. We bought my Grandma Knapp a microwave after my Grandpa died and she left it uplugged on her kitchen counter the entire time she had it. I use my microwave everday, usually more than once.
I can remember when we got our first VCR. We recorded Rocky IV on VHS and then rented some movies for our family to watch on Christmas Day.
As I sit here typing this senseless blog, Golfdad is watching his boyfriend Brett Favre and the New York Jets on NFL.COM, using a second laptop that he keeps at work for analyzing digital video golf swings. At the same time, we are recording Grey's Anatomy on our DVR so that we can watch it and fast forward through the commercials while we listen to da'Suser snoring in her crib on our digital baby monitor.
It used to be that Golfdad and I would watch a show together and I would fall alseep but that's hardly the case now. It is time for me to head upstairs so I think I will send him an email and remind him not to forget to start the dishwasher before he goes to bed.
Goodnight...my power toothbrush is calling.
xo --- B.M.
1 comment:
Our own father would yell at us from another room to come to the family room and change the channel on the tv for him -- all before remote controls and cable tv.
Post a Comment