OH, yah. I am sure of what you are thinking. I am going to come out of the closet and tell you that I am an alcoholic but the only liquid I am mega-consuming lately is Diet Coke.
I could tell you how I am addicted to the election coverage and am one of those "undecided voters" and NOT BECAUSE I WANTED HILARY CLINTON TO BE PRESIDENT but I catch up on the news overnight because we sleep with the T.V. on, and I hear all of that s%$t while I am sleeping.
I could also tell you that I am addicted to spring break planning and every extra minute that I have is spent checking on airfare and planning the details of our big trip...but that's not it because that was last weeks addiction.
I would be completing bullsh*&^ing if I told you that I am addicted to the Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner because the novelty wore off as soon as I actually pulled the trigger and bought the thing so now my house is still full of 1 inch white hair.
My addiction is definitely not to sex...after 8 years of marriage, 2 little darlings, a dog and a 4 year old who creeps in between us at least 1 time a night I would definitely have to resort to other sources and well...that's not really my thing.
I could tell you that I just haven't had time to blog and that is why there haven't been very many updates...but that would be a lie.
But my addiction is real and it is FACEBOOK. Have you heard of this thing?
It's like a drug...you find a friend from high school or college or the street you grew up on, you look at their friends and find more friends. Pretty soon, you have spent the entire afternoon chatting with and looking at photos of girl who lived down the street from you during elementary school and commenting on how cute her kids are, even if you are lying.
Where else can you log on and view a photo of your high school boyfriend holding his daughter or find out that someone who you were in Indian Maidens with at age 4 is now a Doctor of Chinese Medicine and Accupuncture??????? I can even keep up with my nephews' latest girlfriends. It's like a drug and as soon as you have found out all you think you need to know...another person pops up.
Gossip is my drug. I love it and I crave it as long as it is not about me.
My best friend Katie, you know the sweet, sweet girl gave the sappy speech at our wedding reception? Yah, she and I have a contest...who can find out the best dirt on someone from high school. I totally won the last time because I discovered that our friend was dating Neil Patrick Harris...or as we affectionately called it..."doin' Doogie." On Friday night, she claimed to have seen them both in an Old Spice commercial online but I have yet to see the proof. Just in case...no more time to blog...I gotta run because the contest is on.
Happy Sunday!
xo -- B.M.
No comments:
Post a Comment