Tuesday, October 9, 2007

You're kidding me right?

After just over 2 hours together and about 1/2 way to our destination we arrived at the lovely Lake Michigan Bridge to Gramma's House -- or The Mackinac Bridge for those of us who aren't 3 years old and president of the campaign for MDOT to change the name. By the way, Jeepers Creepers is in need of a lot of signatures for his petition.

We stopped at a beautiful bridge view park to go potty, stretch our legs and so that I could sneak a green plastic container filled with toothpicks that Jeepers had been steadily losing the contents of since our departure, not to mention coming dangerously close to poking out his eyes with, into the trash. We (or just I) also wanted to take a break from listening to Janis Joplin beg for her Mercedes Benz .

However, it was at the vey moment that I pulled in to the bridge park, threw open the car door and made a bee-line for the trash can to dispose of my evidence before Jeepers let himself out of his carseat that I saw them. A new obsession, that carried us almost all of the way to Rapid River. Goggles...with dark blue lenses that leave quite lovely and attractive red rings around your eyes. Do you have any idea how hard it is to adjust goggles while driving at least 65 MPH on a 2 lane road????????

Thankfully, we have moved on. The goggles are long gone -- definintely lost amongst the rubble of past obsessions on the floor of the backseat of my car. Today's obsession???? Um...give us some time, we slept in and had pancakes for breakfast and right now we are watching a movie. I just noticed that the Burger King ping pong paddles are in-sight and the Sponge Bob watch that he got in the mail are dangerously close to being in the must-have every second of today pile. I think I might put some vodka in my Diet Coke this morning.

Title: BLUE

Title: The Lochness monster of the Lake Michigan Bridge to Gramma's House





No comments: