Monday, April 30, 2007

A date for prom...

Location: The cheesey tuxedo store at the mall here in the north.

Situation: I have a stroller, a 2-year old in the stroller, an abnormally large purse overflowing with plastic cars, clean and dirty diapers, a leaky sippy cup and a damp wallet. I have a very greasy pony tail because I have been helping out with the move all day at work and let's face it...I'm not looking so young and svelt these days.

So, after a quick run around the store and finding what appears to be the least ugly of the tuxedos that are offered, I am approached by the girl who is working --- I ask if it is possible to get a tuxedo by Thursday (the party we are going to this weekend is black tie and we don't exactly have our s*&^ together for it yet).

Her resposne...(and I am NOT kidding)...do you need it for prom?

My response? Yes, but I am skipping the dance, getting drunk and getting a hotel room.

There will be no cumberbun or bad pleated shirt as long as they get the order right.

Stay tuned...

- L

No comments: